Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 26

The ride this morning was definitely much better than the truncated one yesterday. Today I had no flat tire and rode a while longer to make up for the lack of biking yesterday.

I don’t know where exactly this turned into biking for at least 1 hour every day for 30 days. The original was just “Ride my bike everyday for 30 days”, which would still have been fine, even with the shortened ride yesterday.

Riding for at least one hour is just such a nice round-ish goal to aim for on a daily basis. Once the thirty days are up I’m not sure what is going to happen to this. The one hour “rule” will probably fall by the wayside, but I am thinking that I will still want to try some riding everyday, and even more on some days.

The next step in this process of building up the Zenkrak is looking like it will involve some weight/resistance type exercises. This is something that will be worked in on a three day per week schedule. I think that on the days with weight/muscle building training I will still ride but for a shorter time, perhaps only 30-ish minutes. Then I will be home and onto the more stationary exercise thing. It is mostly a matter of coming up with the routine that I will use. I feel that my legs are getting enough with the biking so I will concentrate on upper body and core/trunk exercises.

Well, back to the task at hand then.

The numbers:

1:24 hrs.
20.59 miles

“20”
It is a nice round number. Eighteen or fourteen is just such an awkward amount. Twenty just sits more comfortably. It gives one the sense of accomplishing much more that one actually has.

It makes me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home