Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 25

This morning the ride started out nicely as usual. Only 4…something miles out while blindly riding over a pile of random road debris and car droppings…thud....hissssssssssss…...hisssssssssssssssss. the dreaded blow out flat tire.

Luckily it was only a matter of yards to pull into the parking lot of the local Jehovah’s Witness place thing. Being the nearly always prepared former boy scout that I am I had a spare tube, pump, and tire levers with which to perform parking lot surgery on the machine.

It has been a while since I needed to change a flat…probably more that a year. Hey, I’ve got Continental city tires with puncture guard in the compound and I keep the tires properly inflated so as to avoid as much as possible roadside annoyances. Unfortunately one is not always lucky in flat tire roulette.

So i got the tube changed and tire inflated but had to head home by that time. I had to be back home for my weekly work conference telephone call by 9:00am. Then the day was going to lunch with my mom and great aunt who are visiting. After that we managed to have an hour rest before going out with them for a dinner cruise around Charleston harbor area which was amazingly nice.

Tomorrow i plan on riding 1.5+hrs to make up for my shortness today.

Today’s numbers:

38 min.
8.86 miles

I’ll be back in the saddle tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home