Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 24

Another freakishly beautiful morning here in South Carolina. Freakish in that the sun was coming up in a blue sky with only scattered puffy clouds and no rain. There has only been one day since I have started this 30 trial in which the weather was not cooperative and I couldn’t go out for a ride. On that day I rode 30 fairly intense minutes on a stationary trainer indoors. I know what you are saying, that I should not complain, that I’m lucky,etc…I know. But this weather pendulum will swing the other direction to the other end where it is as bad as it has been nice. And when that happens…well we will just wit and see.

Well today I will spare you the random flights that my mind can wander off to in these entries and stick with …

The numbers:
15.27 miles
1:04 hrs

It is really nice to wake up and get my things together and just ride. What a way to start the day! When I get back I feel relaxed and ready for my day right off. I come in and put my bike in the spare room and then come out and get the coffee started. At that time my wife is usually getting toward the end of her morning routine. Here is her feed on 43 Things. She has been supportive of this endeavor through out.

There has been a time or two when I just didn’t want to go out. You know how it goes…I don’t have to, I can miss one day and it will be fine. All fine and dandy but then he 30 day commitment/trial will have failed and it would have to begin again at day 1. Anticloud has been very supportive. She smiles at me through sleepy eyes in the morning when i lean down to give her a “See you in an hour” kiss.

Motivation is a funny thing that way. I can get myself out to do random things like this on my own but it is easier to give up when you have no one to help encourage you and to keep you somewhat accountable. Also, it is just means so much more when you accomplish a goal and your partner is there to help you in your celebratory little victory dance. Then when you are, in turn, supportive and helpful you can see the joy in their eye as they accomplish their goal and you can join them in celebration.

Now I am ready to tackle my day and it’s activities. Today I will finish reading Stranger Than Fiction, by Chuck Palahniuk, and perhaps begin something else. Soon Into the Wild, the novel should be here, which I am looking forward to after seeing the movie. I know that I will be doing some work at some point today, more than likely it will be done in a few spurts through out the day. And then this evening I have a telephone interview to conduct for work.

Blah, blah, blah….onto the day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home