Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 22


I am in the home stretch of this 30 day trial. This was something that I had no doubt of my ability to complete, rather it was something that I needed to do. Talking about consistency in thoughts and actions is one thing, but it is another to actually follow through on the words in my own life.

That is the key in this whole endeavor in my mind….follow through. Big plans and big words are fantastic, they are the meat and potatoes of our imaginations. The fertilizer of fertile fields in the mind, ripe with the possibilities of the future.

Words, in all of their permutations, have been the basis and the beginning of all human endeavors. Whether they be the words of plans on paper or whether they be the furtive hushed whispers of lovers plotting a romantic tryst, or the flights of imaginary fancy follies taken by the dreamers among us.

Words, thoughts, prayers, what have you. It is through these that we can externalize our inner world, our inner selves. It is how we can expose these thoughts to the light of day and perhaps see them in a different light at the same time. They can be exposed for their brilliance, or their banality. But if they are not brought out they are just impotent possibilities. They must be brought out on paper, on bits and bytes of a blog, or in the air as words for the ears and mind of another, for then they can begin the possible journey from dream to reality.

It is our duty to ourselves, and the ones that we love, to make our dreams a reality and thus make this life worth living and not just enduring.

Alright, here are the numbers for the day:

14.54 miles
1:03 hrs.

Eight more days. I wonder what 30 trial I might come up with next. I will continue my cycling, just perhaps not so militant about not missing a missed day here and there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home